Howard N. Jackson
Howard Jackson is the founder of HSA Consulting, LLC. He provides business development services (retail strategy development, acquisition support services, business process improvement and operating cost reduction services) to client companies. He also provides interim CEO services to our clients.
In 2009, he led HSA Consulting LLC joint venture with Organización Soriana (Mexico’s second largest retail group) to acquire Controladora Comercial Mexicana’s 50% stake in Costco de Mexico. Other warehouse club projects include:
- Evaluation of PriceSmart Inc. warehouse club & its markets for potential mass discount retailer acquirer
- Provided operating cost reduction services to Soriana for its City Club membership warehouse division
- Advised Wal-Mart de Mexico on membership productivity improvement at Sam’s Club in Mexico
- Created strategy & implementation plan for construction of 300 Wal-Mart super center retail banks plus 2 Sam’s Club warehouse club banks for SunTrust Bank
- Improved productivity & reduced cost for Sam’s Club’s 9,000 person US membership sales organization
- Set up & managed 79 telecom sales concessions for Pacific Bell’s in California warehouse clubs
- Created Safeway’s (UK) customer purchase database and database marketing capability, and programs
- Developed competitive strategies for Tesco, Safeway, Asda and Kingfisher to counter Costco UK entry
- Advised food distributor Nurdin & Peacock plc on construction of 2 warehouse clubs in UK
- Assisted Costco in UK membership sales and Grand Opening strategy development in UK
Previously, Howard was Senior Vice President, Business Development for Alexander Proudfoot Company, a leading productivity improvement and operating cost reduction consulting firm, where he led their retail business development activities.
He was formerly Vice President of Strategic Planning, Marketing and Membership Sales and board member of the $5 billion Pace Membership Warehouse. He is also the former CEO of a highly profitable, $41 million, TN based manufacturer of licensed, branded and private label sporting goods, with a significant proportion of its sales in the warehouse club industry.
Before joining Pace, he was Director of Retail and Consumer Products Consulting for Braxton Associates, the strategy division of Deloitte & Touché. Prior to that, he was Acquisitions Manager for Gooding Group, a UK industrial group. He started his retail career in various purchasing and business development roles with DSG International plc, Europe's largest consumer electronics retailer.
He provides frequent consultations to financial analysts, investors and financial publications on the warehouse club, discount store and food retail sectors, and contributes regularly to warehouse club industry trade publications. He is a recognized authority on the warehouse club industry, featured quarterly on Fox Business News (Dec 2008 – Dec 2010), CNBC (Aug 2008), Wall Street Journal (Oct 2007) & Financial Times (Jan 2008 – June 2010).
Howard received BA (Hons.) Economics & Mathematics from Coventry University and MBA in International Marketing and Finance from University of Warwick, England. He also trained as a Chartered Accountant. Howard has taught post graduate courses on post acquisition turnaround execution at the University of Denver and Boston University. He is a UK national. back»